Bobcat has announced the launch of its new 'Machine IQ telematics' subscription service in Europe, which connectscustomers to vital machine information at any time and anywhere.
With Machine IQ, customers have 24/7 access to crucial machine information on their smartphones or computers. Equipped with this information, customers can optimise machine use and plan jobs for maximum profitability by keeping idle times to a minimum and tracking fuel consumption. Service planning is made easy with maintenance notifications, saving operators time and money by allowing them to efficiently schedule machine maintenance and manage job sites during planned downtime.
Harnessing the power of Machine IQ data, dealers can anticipate and prepare for service needs before customers need to pick up the phone. This proactive response improves business productivity while creating more touchpoints for dealers to strengthen customer relationships.
Dealers and customers can choose from two options: a Standard package with basic telematics and a Premium package with additional advanced features. The Standard package allows customers to effectively manage their fleet. The service is free for the first two years from the original equipment delivery date, with features including:
• Basic telematics – Tracks key information points, including GPS location and history, operating hours and last recorded fuel levels.
• Custom asset names – Allows customers to create personalized names to quickly identify machines in a fleet.
• Maintenance interval tracking – Tracks regular planned maintenance and allows customers to view high-level instructions in the portal for each machine.
The Premium package gives customers the ability to upgrade their machine subscription with more robust reporting data to enhance equipment monitoring. It includes all Machine IQ Standard features plus the following:
• Maintenance reminder email alerts – Notifies customers via email when they are approaching regular maintenance. The alert provides high-level information on how to perform regular maintenance as well as on relevant parts. Customers can access the regular maintenance tracker to see what planned maintenance is coming up.
• Fault code notifications and troubleshooting – Distributes alerts, a clear description and troubleshooting steps if the machine reports a fault code. Customers can also subscribe to email notifications for alerts and troubleshooting.
• Geo-fence creation and breach notification – Provides customers with the ability to set up custom boundaries and receive email notifications the moment the machine leaves the specified operation footprint.
• Curfew creation and breach notifications – Alerts customers via email if their equipment is being operated outside of designated days or hours.
• Motion detection notification - Notifies customer of machine movement when the key is off.
• Machine utilisation reporting – Tracks machine efficiency and utilization to help customers make more informed decisions. The feature compares idle time, working time and fuel usage as well as generating custom reports.
• In-portal notification management – Gives customers the ability to monitor notifications within the portal. A clear notification counter on the home page provides a singular place to manage all important machine notifications.
Bobcat customers can access Machine IQ by visiting my.bobcat.com, creating an account and logging in. Alternatively, the mobile app for Machine IQ can be downloaded from Google Play/Apple Store.